Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Berger Review! Dave's Bun 'N' Burger, 9/3/05

Captain's Log, Berger date, September 3, '05, exploring Hamburgers. The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast. Our destination is Bun 'N' Burger which rests in the town of Westhampton Beach. My orders were to examine a bold new spot where we had not been before. I am becoming better acquainted with my role as a blogger and so I decided that it was time for me to take a turn at the helm. Burgers are our obsession, restaurants are our passion, food is our drug. It was time for a fix.

The grill started when I placed my order for breakfast. That was why, our waiter explained, it took an inordinate amount of time to receive our food. My burger deluxe was the joint's first of the day. A burger deluxe comes with fries, lettuce and tomato. There's coleslaw on the side but it's nothing to write home about. The burger was of the small delicious variety, the fries were a bit inconsistent with some being crispy and some soggy. The bride decided that to start her dining for the day, she would have a very plain egg white omelet with a side of requisite hashbrowns. Those whites could have used a splash of green or red hotsauce but they tasted just fine the way they were. A cup of coffee that I had accompany my meal was tastier than I could have hoped for at 65 cents. I expected the worst but got the best diner coffee I can remember. It was also nice to be refilled often as coffee pots were walked around the restaurant by the staff.

By the time it was time to leave, the bill came to around $10. We know why we'll be back, we couldn't figure out why we hadn't been. Until we eat again. JB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At last - a post from the famous JB!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering....is this the Bun 'N' Burger in Westhampton?