Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dinosaur BBQ, 6/6/06

Let's just say that it took me a full two days to recover from the amount of food consumed two nights ago at Dinosaur BBQ. This is not a joke. Never have I ever had such a vast quantity of such delicious food that I could not stop eating. Let's begin at the beginning.

Dinosaur BBQ is a local restaurant in Syracuse, New York that opened a Manhattan, Harlem actually, branch last year. To get there is no easy feat, you must take the Subway up to 125th Street and walk over to 12th Avenue and then up to 131st Street. Luckily, 126th - 129th street do not exist that far west, or as our friend Jenn noted they must have been "stolen", so the walk is shorter than you think.

Inside, it looks like a large bar with tables one step up from picnic. But seriously, who cares.

There were four of us, which was the perfect number for the appetizer sampler of friend green tomatoes, deviled eggs, spicy shrimp and wings. One for each, with some extra shrimp to share. The FGTs were particularly good, and surprisingly, so were the wings.

I was dead set on ribs and got the smallest portion available which was subsequently huge. I got 2 sides, mac and cheese, adequate, and salt potatoes which came in a butter bath. JB and Jim both had platters of brisket, ribs and pulled pork. Everything fared well and Jenn especially liked her pulled pork which was her only meat.

As if that wasn't enough, we had key lime pie and peanut butter pie, not mention several beers from their huge selection.

The next day, I told everyone I knew to check it out. But the problem is, I can't go for awhile. I'm still full!

Until we eat again, KLB

No comments: