Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Yum! 1/16/06

I try not to eat at restaurants that are named for the sound you are supposed to make while eating their food. But I can't help myself at Yum.

I learned about this hole in wall, real dump of a place on chowhound.com. It looks like nothing, but the Thai food taste is all there. Located on 44th Street between 6th & 7th, it is the perfect place if you have only 30 minutes to eat before a show. And it is cheap, $7.50 is the high price on most menu items and the portions are huge.

As we trudged out of Penn Station yesterday, JB and I considered our dinner options. Pizza from the guy downstairs or leftover lamb from Sunday night, we both agreed on Thai food. The lightbulb went on and we wheeled our bag over to Yum for some takeout.

It was worth the trip. The food stayed warm in the taxi home and was the ideal Golden Globe watching fare. I had my pad see yew, JB had his pad thai. It was just that easy.

Until we eat again, KLB

No comments: