Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Some Quicksie Thai Takeout: Dee Daa, New York, NY

I have this new takeout habit. Actually it is really JB's habit - he insists that I bring home takeout for him whenever I am out for the evening. Sometimes I put my foot down, but usually I cave. And that's how I found myself with a bag of takeout Thai food on the 7:00PM Hampton Jitney. (For those of you who are not familiar with the Jitney, see the definition in our glossary.)

Fortunately, I have found an ideal place for my Jitney takeout. The name is Dee Daa and it is healthy Thai. Everything is under 600 calories. For real. 
Dee Daa is smack in midtown and probably does a big lunch business. It is bright, clean and efficient. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for food and all of the takeout comes in environmentally-friendly packaging.

This trip's order consisted of 2 starters and 2 sides. JB's favorite papaya salad was chock full of peanuts, carrot and papaya. The dressing was strong yet sweet. The crispy shrimp were cold by the time I got home (not their fault, close to 3 hours had elapsed by the time we actually ate them). Had they been hot, I bet they would have been delish.

Luckily, our mains stayed warmer on the ride home.  The Green Curry with Shrimp had a kick to it, which is exactly how we like it.  And the Pad See-ew with Tofu was the lightest tasting noodle dish I've ever had. 

It is such a treat to polish off a plate of Thai food and not feel completely stuffed. And this is why, I will continue to run to Dee Daa for my quicksie Thai takeout. 

Until our next Berger,
KLB

155 East 44th Street
New York, NY
646.396.6500
deedaa.com

No comments: