Monday, December 12, 2005

CamaJe, 12/12/05

Tonight was a funny night. JB and I got invited to an NYU Holiday Party where we could not say no to the free food and drinks. It the least they owe me after what I paid for grad school. And since we were in the neighborhood we met Matt, who is mid-finals, and Kimberly for dinner.

Kimberly and I, of course, debated where to go, but location won and it was off to CamaJe on MacDougal for some student eats.

I don't know what I expected, but the restaurant was not it. It was really small, I mean really small. Just a few tables, one of which was a table of 12 or so who appeared to be doing a Secret Santa/cooking event. Weird.

We opted for simple fare. A kobe beef burger for JB and Kimberly. A tuna salad for Matt and a hangar steak sandwich for me. Of all the dishes, Matt enjoyed his most. No fair, he's been before. I guess experience counts here.

We did split a delicious chocolate crepe for dessert, the highlight of the meal.

As Matt said, its good for lunch at school. But JB and I would take Mamoun's falafel up the street over this any day of the week.

Until we eat again, KLB

No comments: