Sunday, December 18, 2005

Berger Review! Sparky's 12/17/05

Amidst our Holiday shopping, we needed a snack. I told JB that when we got out of the subway at Lafayette and Bleecker we'd find a place. And, boy were we lucky when we walked up from underground and saw Sparky's. Then I remembered, Sparky's was a burger place in Williamsburg that had just opened a Manhattan location. We charged the door.

The space is the weird triangle just north of Houston on Lafayette so Sparky's has tons of light. They are known for having all organic ingredients and famous for burgers and dogs.

I ordered up a cheddar cheeseburger and JB had a hot dog with mustard and sauerkraut. We grabbed a table and waited for our food. Less than 10 minutes later I had a gourmet-looking burger with melted cheddar, raw onion, lettuce, tomato and pickles on a brioche-type bun. Boy was it juicy, JB had several bites as well, claiming me the winning orderer. My only complaint was that the bun was a little big so there were a few burger-less bites at the end.

JB certainly liked his hot dog, but will opt for the burger on our next visit. And we'll get the fries, too. I hear they are outstanding.

Until we eat again, KLB

No comments: