Saturday, August 30, 2014

Quicksie Seafood Review: Harry's Seafood, Wilmington, DE

I'm always suspect when there is only one "good" restaurant for out of towners. One restaurant - really? The whole city of Wilmington Delaware has one decent restaurant? I certainly hope not.

The restaurant is housed in a large warehouse-type building on the riverfront, which sounds picturesque but really isn't.  The bar was relatively packed - a good sign.  The tables of eaters less so - not a good sign.

I give them points for having a separate gluten-free menu and some interesting ceviches including a spicy scallop and poblano version and an eclectic ahi tuna with marcona almonds, sesame and cilantro. The fried calamari was adequate however I was thoroughly scared by the artichoke and crab dip.

My main dinner of big eyed tuna with soba noodles was doused in a lime soy sauce and lacking in the vegetable department.  Other fish choices at my table included the mahi mahi and the cajun trout.

Nobody raved about anything.  The best part of my meal may have been the free chocolate chip cookies back at the DoubleTree.

Come on Wilmington, I know you can do better than this.

Until our next Burger,
KLB

Harry's Seafood Grill 
101 S. Water Street
Wilmington, DE
302.777.1500
Harryshospitalitygroup.com/harrys-seafood-grill

No comments: