Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quicksie NYC Lunch: Financier Patisserie, New York, NY

Today, I channeled my inner Joey Tribbiani and had a sandwich for lunch.  Most of my NYC work trips involve a visit to ‘wichcraft for the turkey salad.  I broke tradition and ventured two more storefronts to Financier Patisserie.  

Financier is an ideal spot for a quick work lunch: fast counter service, a few sandwiches and a few salads.  Simple, good ingredients. Oh, and pastries. No, I didn't have macaroons for lunch, not that I didn't want to...

Instead, the Le Vegetarien called my name.  This was a panini comprised of a fried green tomato, basil pesto, mozzarella and arugula and it was almost perfect.  Perfection would have been slightly more basil in the pesto, but it came close. 

Consider this added to the NYC work trip repertoire.  

Until our next Berger, 
KLB 

Financier Patisserie
10 locations in NYC, find the one closest to you or where your travels take you

P.S. On my walk to the Jitney, I passed an amazing-looking Cambodian sandwich shop - Num Pang - it's been added to the list

No comments: